The Baltimore Orioles (54-51) host the Pittsburgh Pirates (43-62) on Friday at 7:05 PM ET in a contest between two teams on win streaks. The favored Orioles (-156) have won three in a row, while the underdog Pirates (+132) are winners of their last three. Dean Kremer takes the mound first for Baltimore, and Mitch Keller is Pittsburgh’s pick to start.
Here is everything you need to know to place your MLB bets on this game.
Orioles to win vs Pirates -156
Risk Free Bet Up To $1,000
Orioles vs. Pirates betting lines
- Favorite: Orioles (-156)
- Underdog: Pirates (+132)
- Over/under: 8.5
Orioles betting info, hitting leaders, & pitching
Orioles betting info
- The Orioles have put together a 9-3 record in games they were listed as the moneyline favorite (winning 75% of those games).
- Baltimore has not played a game this season with moneyline odds of -156 or shorter.
- Based on this matchup’s moneyline, the Orioles have an implied win probability of 60.9%.
- Baltimore has played in 106 games with an over/under set, and has combined with their opponents to go over the total 49 times (49-52-5).
- The Orioles have collected a 71-35-0 record against the spread this season (covering 67% of the time).
Orioles hitting info
- Cedric Mullins paces the Orioles with a team-high batting average of .260.
- Among all hitters in MLB play, Mullins’ home run total ranks 136th and his RBI tally ranks 82nd.
- Mullins heads into this matchup on a three-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is batting .294 with a home run, two walks and three RBI.
- Anthony Santander has shown his power as he paces his team with 19 home runs and 59 runs batted in.
- Santander ranks 28th in home runs and 25th in RBI among hitters in MLB.
- Santander brings a 14-game hitting streak into this matchup. During his last 10 outings he is hitting .400 with three doubles, three home runs and 10 RBI.
- Austin Hays is hitting .258 with 24 doubles, a triple, 12 home runs and 23 walks.
- Ryan Mountcastle is batting .252 with 22 doubles, 14 home runs and 22 walks.
Orioles pitching rankings
- The pitching staff for the Orioles has a collective 7.8 K/9, which ranks 24th in MLB.
- The Orioles have a 3.88 team ERA that ranks 13th across all MLB pitching staffs.
- Pitchers for the Orioles combine for the 19th-ranked WHIP in baseball (1.291).
- Orioles pitchers combine to surrender the 22nd-fewest home runs in baseball (117 total, 1.1 per game).
- They defeated the Rangers 6-3 in their last game with 10 strikeouts while allowing six hits.
Pirates betting info, hitting leaders, & pitching
Pirates betting info
- The Pirates have been underdogs in 89 games this season and won 34 (38.2%) of those contests.
- Pittsburgh has a record of 23-40 in games where oddsmakers have them as underogs of at least +132 on the moneyline.
- The Pirates have a 43.1% chance to win this game based on the implied probability of the moneyline.
- So far this season, Pittsburgh and its opponents have hit the over in 45 of their 106 games with a total.
- The Pirates have an ATS record of 56-50-0 in 106 games with a spread this season.
Pirates hitting info
- Bryan Reynolds is batting .258 with 16 home runs and 34 RBI. All three of those stats are best among Pittsburgh hitters this season.
- Among all hitters in the majors, Reynolds ranks 41st in homers and 158th in RBI.
- Reynolds heads into this game on a two-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is batting .263 with a double, a home run, two walks and two RBI.
- Ke’Bryan Hayes has 90 hits and an OBP of .319 to go with a slugging percentage of .350 this season.
- Hayes ranks 222nd among hitters in the majors in home runs, and 173rd in RBI.
- Hayes takes a two-game hitting streak into this matchup. During his last five outings he is hitting .222 with a home run, two walks and four RBI.
- Ben Gamel has collected 53 base hits, an OBP of .333 and a slugging percentage of .362 this season.
- Michael Chavis has collected 67 hits this season and has an OBP of .285. He’s slugging .415 on the year.
- Chavis has safely hit in two straight games. In his last five games he is hitting .500 with a double and an RBI.
Pirates pitching rankings
- The Pirates average the 23rd-most strikeouts per nine innings (7.9) in the league this season.
- The Pirates have pitched to a 4.61 ERA this season, which ranks 26th in baseball.
- The Pirates have a combined 1.426 WHIP as a pitching staff, fourth-highest in MLB.
- With 115 homers allowed, the Pirates rank 15th in the league at preventing long balls.
- They struck out nine Brewers batters while allowing seven hits in a 5-4 win last time out.