The Chicago Cubs (41-63) take a five-game losing streak into a home contest against the Miami Marlins (48-57) on Friday at 2:20 PM ET. The Cubs are favored (-137) to halt the streak against the underdog Marlins (+116). Chicago is expected to start Justin Steele, while Miami has not named a starter.
Here is everything you need to place your MLB bets on this matchup.
Cubs to win vs Marlins -137
Risk Free Bet Up To $1,000
Cubs vs. Marlins betting lines
- Favorite: Cubs (-137)
- Underdog: Marlins (+116)
- Over/under: 7.5
Cubs betting info, hitting leaders, & pitching
Cubs betting info
- The Cubs have compiled a 12-17 record in games they were favored on the moneyline (winning 41.4% of those games).
- Chicago has a 6-8 record (winning 42.9% of its games) when it has played as a moneyline favorite of -137 or shorter.
- Based on this game’s moneyline, the Cubs’ implied win probability is 57.8%.
- Chicago has played in 106 games with an over/under set, and has combined with their opponents to go over the total 48 times (48-54-4).
- The Cubs have collected a 54-52-0 record ATS this season (covering 50.9% of the time).
Cubs hitting info
- Willson Contreras has 21 doubles, two triples, 15 home runs and 38 walks while hitting .253.
- Among hitters in MLB play, Contreras ranks 47th in home runs and 115th in RBI.
- Ian Happ is batting .273 with 25 doubles, two triples, nine home runs and 42 walks.
- Among all MLB hitters, Happ ranks 136th in homers and 74th in RBI.
- Nico Hoerner paces the Cubs with a .292 batting average.
- Patrick Wisdom has put his power on display as he leads his team with 20 home runs and 52 runs batted in.
Cubs pitching rankings
- The pitching staff for the Cubs has a collective 8.7 K/9, which ranks 13th in MLB.
- The Cubs have the 25th-ranked team ERA among all league pitching staffs (4.41).
- Pitchers for the Cubs combine for the 25th-ranked WHIP in the league (1.341).
- Cubs pitchers combine to give up 136 total home runs at a rate of 1.3 per game (third-most in the league).
- They struck out four Cardinals batters while giving up 10 hits in a 7-2 loss in their last game.
Marlins betting info, hitting leaders, & pitching
Marlins betting info
- This season, the Marlins have been the underdog 56 times and won 19, or 33.9%, of those games.
- Miami has entered 32 games this season as the underdog by +116 or more and is 9-23 in those contests.
- The moneyline for this contest implies a 46.3% chance of a victory for the Marlins.
- Games involving Miami have gone over the total set by sportsbooks in 50 of 105 chances this season.
- In 105 games with a spread this season, the Marlins are 46-59-0 ATS.
Marlins hitting info
- Jesus Aguilar has been key for Miami with 13 home runs, 44 RBI and a batting average of .243 this season.
- In all of Major League Baseball, Aguilar is 72nd in home runs and 86th in RBI.
- Aguilar takes a two-game hitting streak into this matchup. During his last five outings he is batting .133 with a double, a home run, two walks and an RBI.
- Miguel Rojas has collected 76 hits this season and has an OBP of .284. He’s slugging .344 on the year.
- Rojas is 197th in homers and 196th in RBI among all hitters in the big leagues.
- Garrett Cooper’s batting average of .278 leads all Miami hitters this season.
- Joey Wendle has 51 hits and an OBP of .314 to go with a slugging percentage of .368 this season.
Marlins pitching rankings
- The Marlins average the 11th-most strikeouts per nine innings (8.8) in the league this season.
- Marlins pitchers have a combined ERA of 3.85 ERA this year, which ranks 11th in MLB.
- The Marlins rank 12th in MLB with a combined 1.243 WHIP this season.
- With just 107 homers allowed, the Marlins rank ninth in the league at preventing long balls.
- They struck out three Reds batters while allowing six hits in a 3-0 win last time out.