Adolis Garcia will try to notch his 100th hit of the season (he has 97) when the Texas Rangers (47-58) square off against the Chicago White Sox (53-52) on Friday at 8:05 PM ET. The Rangers are underdogs (+150) versus the White Sox (-176). Chicago’s Dylan Cease and Texas’ Glenn Otto pitch first for their squads in this matchup.
Here’s everything you need to place your MLB bets on this contest.
White Sox to win vs Rangers -176
Risk Free Bet Up To $1,000
White Sox vs. Rangers betting lines
- Favorite: White Sox (-176)
- Underdog: Rangers (+150)
- Over/under: 8
White Sox betting info, hitting leaders, & pitching
White Sox betting info
- The White Sox have won 52.2% of the games this season when they were favored on the moneyline (36-33).
- Chicago has a 9-6 record (winning 60% of its games) when playing as a moneyline favorite of -176 or shorter.
- Based on this game’s moneyline, the White Sox’s implied win probability is 63.8%.
- Chicago has had an over/under set by bookmakers 110 times, and has combined with opponents to go over the total in 48 of those games (48-56-6).
- The White Sox have a 49-61-0 record against the spread this season (covering 44.5% of the time).
White Sox hitting info
- Jose Abreu has a team-high 14 home runs and 55 runs batted in.
- In MLB play, Abreu ranks 60th in homers and 37th in RBI.
- Abreu brings a three-game hitting streak into this matchup. In his last five games he is hitting .350 with three home runs, a walk and seven RBI.
- Luis Robert has 13 doubles, 12 home runs and 15 walks while hitting .301.
- Robert currently ranks 83rd in home runs and 42nd in RBI in the bigs.
- Andrew Vaughn is hitting .299 with 20 doubles, a triple, 10 home runs and 21 walks.
- Vaughn has hit safely in four games in a row. During his last five outings he is batting .421 with a double, a triple, two walks and an RBI.
- Tim Anderson has a club-best .309 batting average.
White Sox pitching rankings
- The White Sox pitching staff ranks fifth in the majors with a collective 9.1 strikeouts per nine innings.
- The White Sox’s 3.92 team ERA ranks 16th among all league pitching staffs.
- The White Sox have the 24th-ranked WHIP in baseball (1.318).
- White Sox pitchers combine to allow the 15th-fewest home runs in baseball (115 total, 1.1 per game).
- In their 3-2 loss last time out they struck out four Rangers batters while allowing 11 hits.
Rangers betting info, hitting leaders, & pitching
Rangers betting info
- The Rangers have entered the game as underdogs 63 times this season and won 31, or 49.2%, of those games.
- Texas has a record of 5-7, a 41.7% win rate, when they’re set as an underdog of +150 or more by bookmakers this season.
- The Rangers have a 40% chance to win this game based on the implied probability of the moneyline.
- So far this season, Texas and its opponents have hit the over in 51 of their 106 games with a total.
- The Rangers are 59-47-0 ATS in their 106 games with a spread this season.
Rangers hitting info
- Corey Seager leads Texas in home runs this season with 24 while driving in 55 runs.
- In all of MLB, Seager is 11th in home runs and 37th in RBI.
- Marcus Semien has collected 102 hits this season and has an OBP of .298. He’s slugging .404 on the year.
- Semien currently ranks 47th in homers and 47th in RBI in the big leagues.
- Semien brings a three-game hitting streak into this matchup. During his last five outings he is hitting .250 with a home run, a walk and three RBI.
- Garcia leads Texas in runs batted in (64) this season. He has a .244 batting average and a .450 slugging percentage.
- Garcia has safely hit in two straight games. During his last five outings he is batting .133 with two walks and an RBI.
- Nate Lowe leads Texas in batting average (.284) this season while adding 15 home runs and 45 RBI.
- Lowe brings an 11-game hitting streak into this matchup. During his last 10 games he is batting .395 with three doubles, a triple, a home run and four RBI.
Rangers pitching rankings
- The Rangers average the 20th-most strikeouts per nine innings (8.3) in the league this season.
- Rangers pitchers have a combined ERA of 4.10 ERA this year, which ranks 21st in MLB.
- The Rangers rank 23rd in MLB with a combined 1.317 WHIP this season.
- The Rangers have allowed the 11th-fewest home runs this season with 109, or one per game.
- They earned a 3-2 win in their most recent game, striking out nine White Sox batters while allowing five hits.