Christian Yelich has 98 hits this season, and will look for his 100th when the Milwaukee Brewers (57-48) play the Cincinnati Reds (42-62) on Friday at 8:10 PM ET. The Brewers are favored (-218) over the Reds (+179). Eric Lauer gets the starting nod for Milwaukee, and Robert Dugger is Cincinnati’s choice to start.
Here is what you need to know to place your MLB bets on this game.
Brewers to win vs Reds -218
Risk Free Bet Up To $1,000
Brewers vs. Reds betting lines
- Favorite: Brewers (-218)
- Underdog: Reds (+179)
- Over/under: 9
Brewers betting info, hitting leaders, & pitching
Brewers betting info
- The Brewers have a 46-37 record in games they were favored on the moneyline (winning 55.4% of those games).
- Milwaukee has a 10-7 record (winning 58.8% of its games) when it has played as a moneyline favorite of -218 or shorter.
- Based on this matchup’s moneyline, the Brewers’ implied win probability is 68.6%.
- Milwaukee has played in 105 games with set over/under, and has combined with opponents to go over the total 55 times (55-45-5).
- The Brewers have put together a 44-61-0 record against the spread this season (covering 41.9% of the time).
Brewers hitting info
- Rowdy Tellez paces the Brewers in home runs (21) and runs batted in (68).
- Among all hitters in MLB action, Tellez’s home run total ranks 18th and his RBI tally ranks ninth.
- Tellez has hit safely in three straight games. During his last five outings he is batting .471 with two doubles, a home run, four walks and four RBI.
- Yelich has a club-best .261 batting average.
- Yelich ranks 154th in home runs and 152nd in RBI this year.
- Willy Adames has hit a team-best 21 homers.
- Adames takes a four-game hitting streak into this matchup. During his last five outings he is batting .261 with three doubles, a home run and six RBI.
- Andrew McCutchen is batting .254 with 19 doubles, 10 home runs and 35 walks.
Brewers pitching rankings
- The pitching staff for the Brewers has a collective 9.6 K/9, the first-best in MLB.
- The Brewers have a 3.89 team ERA that ranks 14th across all league pitching staffs.
- The Brewers have the 15th-ranked WHIP in the league (1.258).
- The Brewers allow the 19th-fewest home runs in baseball (116 total, 1.1 per game).
- They lost to the Pirates 5-4 in their last game with four strikeouts while allowing 12 hits.
Reds betting info, hitting leaders, & pitching
Reds betting info
- This season, the Reds have been the underdog 81 times and won 32, or 39.5%, of those games.
- Cincinnati is 5-13 this season when entering a game as the underdog by +179 or more on the moneyline.
- The implied probability of a win by the Reds, based on the moneyline, is 35.8%.
- Cincinnati and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 54 of their 106 opportunities.
- The Reds have an ATS record of 51-55-0 in 106 games with a spread this season.
Reds hitting info
- Kyle Farmer leads Cincinnati in runs batted in with 50 while batting .248, which is also best on the team.
- Among all hitters in the big leagues, Farmer is 197th in homers and 57th in RBI.
- Joey Votto is slugging .396 this season, with a team-best 10 homers while driving in 38 runs.
- Votto currently ranks 111th in homers and 122nd in RBI in the big leagues.
- Nick Senzel has 62 hits this season and a slash line of .248/.305/.320.
- Jonathan India is batting .249 with an OBP of .309 and a slugging percentage of .400 this season.
Reds pitching rankings
- The Reds have a nine K/9 this season as a pitching staff, seventh-best in baseball.
- Reds pitchers have a combined ERA of 5.01 ERA this year, which ranks 29th in MLB.
- The Reds have a combined 1.398 WHIP as a pitching staff, fifth-highest in MLB.
- The Reds have given up the second-most long balls so far this season with 139 home runs allowed.
- They struck out seven Marlins hitters while allowing seven base hits in a 3-0 loss last time out.