The Arizona Diamondbacks (29-21) are looking for Lourdes Gurriel Jr. to extend a 13-game hitting streak when they match up against the Boston Red Sox (26-24) on Friday at 9:40 PM ET at Chase Field. The Red Sox are favored (-148) against the underdog Diamondbacks (+128). Boston’s Chris Sale starts against Arizona’s Brandon Pfaadt.
Check out all the Latest Baseball Betting Previews!
Red Sox to win vs Diamondbacks -148
Bet $5 Win $150 Bonus Bets
Red Sox vs. Diamondbacks betting lines
- Favorite: Red Sox (-148)
- Underdog: Diamondbacks (+128)
- Over/under: 9.5
Red Sox betting info, hitting leaders, & pitching
Red Sox betting info
- The Red Sox have been favored on the moneyline 19 total times this season. They’ve gone 10-9 in those games.
- When it has played as moneyline favorites with odds of -148 or shorter, Boston has a 1-3 record (winning just 25% of its games).
- The Red Sox have a 59.7% chance to win this contest based on the moneyline’s implied probability.
- Boston has played in 50 games with over/under set, and have combined with opponents to go over the total 31 times (31-18-1).
- The Red Sox have gone 27-23-0 ATS this season.
Red Sox hitting info
- Masataka Yoshida paces the Red Sox with a team-high batting average of .299.
- Among batters in MLB play, Yoshida ranks 91st in home runs and 36th in RBI.
- Rafael Devers has hit 13 home runs with 44 runs batted in. Both lead his team.
- Devers ranks seventh in homers and third in RBI among MLB hitters this season.
- Alex Verdugo is hitting .283 with 15 doubles, a triple, five home runs and 18 walks.
- Justin Turner is batting .263 with nine doubles, five home runs and 24 walks.
Red Sox pitching rankings
- The Red Sox pitching staff is 17th in MLB with a collective 8.6 strikeouts per nine innings.
- Boston has the 26th-ranked team ERA among all MLB pitching staffs (4.82).
- The Red Sox average MLB’s 22nd-ranked WHIP (1.337).
- Boston’s pitching staff is No. 1 in MLB with 13 combined quality starts.
- The Red Sox give up the second-most home runs in baseball (72 total, 1.4 per game).
- Boston lost to the Angels 7-3 in its last game with eight strikeouts while allowing seven hits.
Diamondbacks betting info, hitting leaders, & pitching
Diamondbacks betting info
- This season, the Diamondbacks have won 17 out of the 29 games, or 58.6%, in which they’ve been the underdog.
- Arizona has entered 15 games this season as the underdog by +128 or more and is 9-6 in those contests.
- The Diamondbacks have a 43.9% chance to win this game based on the implied probability of the moneyline.
- Arizona and its opponents have hit the over in 25 of its 50 games with a total this season.
- The Diamondbacks are 29-21-0 ATS in their 50 games with a spread this season.
Diamondbacks hitting info
- Gurriel leads Arizona with a .317 batting average. He’s also hit eight homers and has 27 RBI.
- Gurriel’s home run total ranks 49th in the big leagues, and he is 45th in RBI.
- Gurriel has hit safely in 13 games in a row. In his last 10 games he is batting .357 with five doubles, three home runs, two walks and eight RBI.
- Corbin Carroll has 47 hits and an OBP of .385 to go with a slugging percentage of .522 this season.
- Carroll is 59th in home runs and 160th in RBI among all hitters in the big leagues.
- Carroll takes a two-game hitting streak into this game. During his last five outings he is hitting .368 with three doubles, a home run, four walks and three RBI.
- Christian Walker leads the club in homers (11) and runs batted in (34) this season.
- Ketel Marte has 51 hits and an OBP of .341 to go with a slugging percentage of .464 this season.
- Marte enters this game on a five-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is hitting .304 with a triple, a home run, a walk and three RBI.
Diamondbacks pitching rankings
- The Diamondbacks have an 8.3 K/9 this season as a pitching staff, which ranks 23rd in the majors.
- Arizona pitchers have a combined ERA of 4.53 ERA this year, which ranks 22nd in MLB.
- The Diamondbacks rank 21st in MLB with a combined 1.329 WHIP this season.
- Arizona’s staff has 16 quality starts this season, which ranks 18th in baseball.
- The Diamondbacks have allowed the 16th-fewest home runs this season with 59, or 1.2 per game.
- Last time out, Arizona fell to the Phillies 6-5. Its pitchers compiled eight strikeouts and 11 hits allowed.
The BetDecider team brings you the most current sports betting content, with expert insights and tips. Our aim is that you can make an informed betting decision, including best odds and exclusive sportsbook offers, to maximize your betting experience.