Saturday’s NHL offering features an outing between the heavily favored Carolina Hurricanes (44-15-8, -200 on the moneyline to win on the road) and the Philadelphia Flyers (25-32-11, +168 moneyline odds) at 5:00 PM ET on ESPN+ and Hulu.
Here’s what you need to place your NHL bets on this game.
Hurricanes to win vs Flyers -200
Up To $1,000 Back In Bonus Bets
Hurricanes vs. Flyers betting lines
- Favorite: Hurricanes (-200)
- Underdog: Flyers (+168)
- Over/under: 6.5
Hurricanes vs. Flyers Quick Facts
- Carolina and its opponent have combined to score more than 6.5 goals in 29 of 67 games this season.
- Philadelphia has combined with its opponent to score over 6.5 goals in 32 of 68 games this season.
- Saturday’s over/under is 0.6 above the combined goal-scoring average of 5.9 for these two teams.
- These two teams concede 5.8 goals per game combined, 0.7 fewer than this game’s over/under.
Hurricanes Stats, Moneyline & Leaders
Hurricanes Season Stat Insights
- The Hurricanes are ranked 14th in the league with 220 goals this season, an average of 3.3 per contest.
- The Hurricanes are ranked second in league play for the fewest goals against this season, having conceded 171 total goals (2.6 per game).
- The team’s goal differential is fourth-best in the league at +49.
- The Hurricanes’ 45 power-play goals this season (ranked 17th in the NHL) have come on 215 power-play chances.
- The Hurricanes’ offense has the league’s 18th-ranked power-play conversion rate (20.9%).
- The Hurricanes’ 11 shorthanded goals this season rank second.
- The Hurricanes’ penalty-kill percentage (83.6%) is the NHL’s second-best.
- The Hurricanes’ players win 53.1% of their faceoffs to rank fifth in the league.
- The Hurricanes connect on 9.4% of their shots, ranking 24th in the league.
- The Hurricanes have yet to shut out an opponent this season, averaging 17.1 hits and 10.4 blocked shots per game.
- Carolina has gotten the victory in 41 of the 58 games it’s played as the moneyline favorite this season.
- In 25 games with shorter than -200 moneyline odds this season, the Hurricanes have won 17.
- The moneyline odds imply that Carolina has a 66.7% chance of winning this game.
- Martin Necas: 26 goals and 36 assists
- Sebastian Aho: 27 goals and 29 assists
- Andrei Svechnikov: 23 goals and 32 assists
- Frederik Andersen: 17-7-0 record, .903 save percentage, 58 goals given up
Need to know more about sports betting before you put down a wager on Hurricanes vs. Flyers? Here’s everything you need to know about how to bet.
Flyers Stats, Moneyline & Leaders
Flyers Stats Insights
- The Flyers’ 176 total goals (2.6 per game) rank 29th in the NHL.
- The Flyers’ 223 total goals allowed (3.3 per game) rank 20th in the NHL.
- Their 26th-ranked goal differential is -47.
- The Flyers have put up 29 power-play goals this season, which ranks 32nd in the NHL (on 189 power-play chances).
- The Flyers have the league’s 32nd-ranked power-play conversion rate of 15.3%.
- The Flyers have scored 11 shorthanded goals this season (second in the league).
- The 74% penalty-kill percentage the Flyers have registered is the league’s 28th-ranked rate.
- The Flyers have the 30th-ranked faceoff win rate in the NHL (45.5%).
- The Flyers’ collective 8.8% shooting percentage ranks 30th in the league.
- The Flyers have not shut out an opponent this season. They average 27.8 hits and 17.5 blocked shots per game.
Flyers Moneyline Insights
- This season the Flyers have 20 wins in the 58 games in which they’ve been an underdog.
- Philadelphia is 10-23 when oddsmakers have listed them as underdogs of +168 or longer on the moneyline.
- The win probability for the Flyers, implied from the moneyline, is 37.3%.
- Travis Konecny: 27 goals and 27 assists
- Kevin Hayes: 17 goals and 34 assists
- Owen Tippett: 21 goals and 16 assists
- Carter Hart: 18-21-10 record, .907 save percentage, 138 goals conceded
The BetDecider team brings you the most current sports betting content, with expert insights and tips. Our aim is that you can make an informed betting decision, including best odds and exclusive sportsbook offers, to maximize your betting experience.