The Colorado Avalanche (39-22-6) are heavily favored when they go on the road against the Detroit Red Wings (30-28-9) on Saturday, March 18. The Avalanche are -173 on the moneyline to win against the Red Wings (+148) in the game, which begins at 1:00 PM ET on NHL Network, SN1, BSDET, and ALT.
Here is the intel you need to place your NHL bets on this contest.
Avalanche to win vs Red Wings -173
First Bet Offer Up To $1,000
Avalanche vs. Red Wings betting lines
- Favorite: Avalanche (-173)
- Underdog: Red Wings (+148)
- Over/under: 6.5
Avalanche vs. Red Wings Quick Facts
- Colorado’s games this season have gone over 6.5 goals 25 of 67 times.
- Detroit’s games have gone over 6.5 goals in 31 of 67 chances this season.
- The combined goals scored average of these two teams, 6.2, is 0.3 less than Saturday’s over/under.
- This game’s over/under is 0.5 more than the 6.0 goals these two clubs concede per game combined.
Avalanche Stats, Moneyline & Leaders
Avalanche Season Stat Insights
- The Avalanche are ranked 16th in the league with 216 goals this season, an average of 3.2 per contest.
- The Avalanche are ranked seventh in league play for the fewest goals against this season, having conceded 187 total goals (2.8 per game).
- The team’s goal differential is ninth-best in the league at +29.
- The Avalanche’s 52 power-play goals they’ve recorded this season (on 214 power-play chances) are the sixth-most in the NHL.
- The Avalanche’s 24.3% power-play conversion rate ranks fifth-best in the league this season.
- The Avalanche’s offense has netted five shorthanded goals this season (17th among all teams).
- The Avalanche have the league’s 18th-ranked penalty-kill percentage at 78.8%.
- With a 46.4% faceoff win percentage, the Avalanche have the 27th-ranked rate in the NHL.
- The Avalanche shoot 9.7% as a team, ranked 19th-best in the league.
- The Avalanche have yet to shut out an opponent this season, averaging 20.6 hits and 13.6 blocked shots per game.
- Colorado has gone 28-20 as the oddsmakers’ favorite this season.
- In 23 games with moneyline oddds shorter than -173, the Avalanche have 14 wins.
- There is a 63.4% chance that Colorado wins this contest, per the moneyline.
- Nathan MacKinnon: 29 goals and 56 assists
- Mikko Rantanen: 45 goals and 37 assists
- Cale Makar: 16 goals and 42 assists
- Alexandar Georgiev: 30-14-5 record, .916 save percentage, 126 goals allowed
Need to know more about sports betting before you put down a wager on Avalanche vs. Red Wings? Here’s everything you need to know about how to bet.
Red Wings Stats, Moneyline & Leaders
Red Wings Stats Insights
- The Red Wings have the league’s 23rd-ranked scoring offense (198 total goals, 3.0 per game).
- The Red Wings have given up 3.2 goals per game, 216 total, which ranks 17th among NHL teams.
- Their -18 goal differential ranks 23rd in the league.
- The Red Wings have scored 49 power-play goals this season, which ranks 13th in the NHL (on 232 power-play chances).
- The Red Wings have a 21.1% power-play conversion rate, the league’s No. 17 percentage.
- The Red Wings have scored five shorthanded goals this season (17th in the league).
- The 78.3% of opponent power plays the Red Wings kill is the 19th-ranked penalty-kill percentage in the league.
- The Red Wings have the 22nd-ranked faceoff win percentage in the NHL (48.8%).
- The Red Wings’ collective 10.3% shooting percentage ranks 11th in the league.
- The Red Wings have not shut out an opponent this season. They average 22.9 hits and 16.2 blocked shots per game.
Red Wings Moneyline Insights
- The Red Wings have been the underdog 49 times this season, and upset their opponent in 20, or 40.8%, of those games.
- Detroit has 21 games this season playing as an underdog by +148 or longer, and is 7-14 in those contests.
- The moneyline implies a 40.3% chance to win for the Red Wings.
Red Wings Leaders
- Dylan Larkin: 25 goals and 39 assists
- David Perron: 16 goals and 25 assists
- Dominik Kubalik: 18 goals and 21 assists
- Ville Husso: 25-17-6 record, .903 save percentage, 139 goals conceded
The BetDecider team brings you the most current sports betting content, with expert insights and tips. Our aim is that you can make an informed betting decision, including best odds and exclusive sportsbook offers, to maximize your betting experience.