Wednesday will feature a projected competitive NHL contest between the Florida Panthers (42-32-8, -117 on the moneyline to win) and the Carolina Hurricanes (52-21-9, -102 moneyline odds) at 8:00 PM ET on TNT.
Check out all the Latest Hockey Betting Previews!
Panthers to win vs Hurricanes -117
Bet $5 Win $150 Bonus Bets
Panthers vs. Hurricanes betting lines
- Favorite: Panthers (-117)
- Underdog: Hurricanes (-102)
- Over/under: 5.5
Panthers vs. Hurricanes Quick Facts
- Florida has combined with its opponent to score more than 5.5 goals in 69 of 97 games this season.
- So far this season, 46.9% of Carolina’s games (45/96) have had more goals than Wednesday’s over/under of 5.5.
- Wednesday’s over/under is 1.2 lower than the two teams’ combined average of 6.7 goals per game.
- This game’s over/under is 0.4 less than the 5.9 goals these two teams concede per game combined.
Panthers Stats, Moneyline & Leaders
Panthers Season Stat Insights
- The Panthers score the sixth-most goals in the league, averaging 3.5 per game for a total of 288 this season.
- The Panthers are ranked 21st in league play in goals against this season, having allowed 272 total goals (3.3 per game).
- Their goal differential (+16) ranks them 16th in the league.
- The Panthers’ 63 power-play goals this season are seventh-best in the NHL (on 276 power-play chances).
- The Panthers have the NHL’s 10th-best power-play conversion rate at 22.8%.
- The Panthers have scored a total of six shorthanded goals this season.
- The Panthers have the league’s 23rd-ranked penalty-kill percentage at 76%.
- The Panthers’ players win 48.9% of their faceoffs to rank 22nd in the league.
- The Panthers shoot 9.5% as a team, ranked 22nd-best in the league.
- The Panthers’ players are still looking for their first shutout win this season. As a team, they are averaging 21.4 hits and 13 blocked shots per game.
- Through 65 games as the moneyline favorite this season, Florida has won 35 of those games.
- The Panthers have won 32 of the 58 games they have played with moneyline odds lower than -117.
- The moneyline odds imply that Florida has a 53.9% chance of winning this contest.
- Matthew Tkachuk: 40 goals and 69 assists
- Aleksander Barkov Jr.: 23 goals and 55 assists
- Carter Verhaeghe: 42 goals and 31 assists
- Sergei Bobrovsky: 24-20-3 record, .902 save percentage, 145 goals allowed
Need to know more about sports betting before you put down a wager on Panthers vs. Hurricanes? Here’s everything you need to know about how to bet.
Hurricanes Stats, Moneyline & Leaders
Hurricanes Stats Insights
- The Hurricanes have scored 262 goals this season (3.2 per game) to rank 15th in the league.
- The Hurricanes are one of the toughest defensive units in the NHL this season, conceding 210 goals (2.6 per game) to rank second.
- Their +52 goal differential is seventh-best in the league.
- The Hurricanes have put up 50 power-play goals this season, which ranks 18th in the NHL (on 253 power-play chances).
- The Hurricanes have the league’s 19th-ranked power-play conversion rate of 19.8%.
- The Hurricanes have scored 11 shorthanded goals this season (fourth in the NHL).
- The 84.4% penalty-kill percentage the Hurricanes have put totgether is the league’s second-best rate.
- The Hurricanes have the fifth-best faceoff win rate in the NHL (52.8%).
- The 9.2% shooting percentage the Hurricanes have amassed ranks 26th in the league.
- The Hurricanes have not yet shut out an opponent this season.
Hurricanes Moneyline Insights
- The Hurricanes have been the underdog 18 times this season, and upset their opponent in nine, or 50.0%, of those games.
- Carolina is 6-6 when it is underdogs of -102 or longer on the moneyline.
- The Hurricanes have a 50.5% chance to win this game (implied from the moneyline).
- Martin Necas: 28 goals and 43 assists
- Sebastian Aho: 36 goals and 32 assists
- Brent Burns: 18 goals and 42 assists
- Frederik Andersen: 21-11-1 record, .903 save percentage, 82 goals given up
The BetDecider team brings you the most current sports betting content, with expert insights and tips. Our aim is that you can make an informed betting decision, including best odds and exclusive sportsbook offers, to maximize your betting experience.