The Houston Astros visit the Philadelphia Phillies for Game 5 of the World Series on Thursday 8:03 PM ET at Citizens Bank Park. The series is notted up at 2-2. Houston’s Justin Verlander and Philadelphia’s Noah Syndergaard will start this matchup.
Here is the information you need to place your MLB bets on this game.
Astros to win vs Phillies -158
$1,000 No Sweat First Bet
Astros vs. Phillies betting lines
- Favorite: Astros (-158)
- Underdog: Phillies (+134)
- Over/under: 7.5
Astros betting info, hitting leaders, & pitching
Astros betting info
- The Astros have won 102 of the 148 games they were listed as the moneyline favorite this season (68.9%).
- When playing as a moneyline favorite with odds of -158 or shorter, Houston has a 63-32 record (winning 66.3% of its games).
- The Astros have a 61.2% chance to win this contest based on the moneyline’s implied probability.
- Houston has had an over/under set by oddsmakers 173 times, and has combined with opponents to go over the total in 63 of those games (63-98-12).
- The Astros have covered 53.2% of their games this season, going 92-81-0 against the spread.
Astros hitting info
- Yordan Alvarez paces the Astros with 37 home runs while putting up a team-high batting average of .306.
- Among batters in MLB play, Alvarez ranks sixth in homers and 15th in RBI.
- Alex Bregman is hitting .259 with 38 doubles, 23 home runs and 87 walks.
- Bregman ranks 49th in home runs and 21st in RBI among MLB hitters this season.
- Jose Altuve is batting .298 with 39 doubles, 28 home runs and 66 walks.
- Kyle Tucker has made the most of his opportunities as he paces his team with 107 RBI.
Astros pitching rankings
- The pitching staff for the Astros has a collective 9.5 K/9, the third-best in the majors.
- The Astros have a 2.88 team ERA that ranks second among all MLB pitching staffs.
- The Astros have the second-lowest WHIP in baseball (1.092).
- Astros pitchers combine to give up 134 home runs (0.8 per game), the second-fewest in the league.
- In their 5-0 win last time out they struck out 14 Phillies batters in a no-hitter.
Phillies betting info, hitting leaders, & pitching
Phillies betting info
- This season, the Phillies have won 33 out of the 68 games, or 48.5%, in which they’ve been the underdog.
- This season, Philadelphia has won 10 of its 20 games, or 50%, when they’re the underdog by at least +134 on the moneyline.
- Oddsmakers have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Phillies have a 42.7% chance to win.
- Games involving Philadelphia have gone over the total set by oddsmakers in 90 of 177 chances this season.
- The Phillies are 92-85-0 ATS in their 177 games with a spread this season.
Phillies hitting info
- Kyle Schwarber leads Philadelphia in home runs (46) and runs batted in (94) this season while batting .218.
- Among all batters in the big leagues, Schwarber ranks second in home runs and 19th in RBI.
- J.T. Realmuto has 138 hits and an OBP of .340 to go with a slugging percentage of .476 this season.
- Realmuto is 54th overall in homers and 33rd in RBI this season.
- Rhys Hoskins has collected 145 base hits, an OBP of .332 and a slugging percentage of .462 this season.
- Alec Bohm leads Philadelphia with a batting average of .278. He’s also hit 13 home runs with 72 RBI.
Phillies pitching rankings
- The Phillies have a 9.0 K/9 this season as a pitching staff, eighth-best in baseball.
- Phillies pitchers have a combined ERA of 3.97 ERA this year, which ranks 17th in MLB.
- Phillies pitchers have a 1.255 WHIP this season, 14th in the majors.
- The Phillies have given up the fifth-fewest long balls so far this season with only 150 home runs allowed.
- They suffered a 5-0 defeat in their most recent game, striking out 11 Astros batters while allowing 10 hits.
The BetDecider team brings you the most current sports betting content, with expert insights and tips. Our aim is that you can make an informed betting decision, including best odds and exclusive sportsbook offers, to maximize your betting experience.