Luis Arraez leads the Miami Marlins (25-25) into a matchup with Elias Diaz and the Colorado Rockies (21-29) on Thursday at 3:10 PM ET at Coors Field. Arraez is batting .371, the best batting average in MLB, for the favored Marlins (-124), while Diaz is second in MLB play with a .343 batting average this season for the underdog Rockies (+105). Braxton Garrett starts for Miami while Colorado will counter with Kyle Freeland.
Check out all the Latest Baseball Betting Previews!
Marlins to win vs Rockies -124
$1,000 No Sweat First Bet
Marlins vs. Rockies betting lines
- Favorite: Marlins (-124)
- Underdog: Rockies (+105)
- Over/under: 11
Marlins betting info, hitting leaders, & pitching
Marlins betting info
- The Marlins have won 12 of the 22 games they were favored on the moneyline this season (54.5%).
- Miami has gone 9-5 when it has played as moneyline favorites with odds of -124 or shorter (64.3% winning percentage).
- The implied moneyline probablility in this matchup gives the Marlins a 55.4% chance to win.
- Miami has played in 49 games with an over/under set, and have combined with its opponents to go over the total 21 times (21-26-2).
- The Marlins have put together an 18-31-0 record against the spread this season (covering only 36.7% of the time).
Marlins hitting info
- Jorge Soler has put up a team-best 14 home runs and 30 runs batted in.
- Among hitters in MLB, Soler ranks third in homers and 31st in RBI.
- Soler takes a two-game hitting streak into this matchup. During his last five outings he is hitting .409 with a double, three home runs, a walk and six RBI.
- Arraez is batting .371 to pace his team.
- Arraez currently ranks 304th in homers and 142nd in RBI in the bigs.
- Bryan De La Cruz is hitting .297 with 10 doubles, five home runs and 12 walks.
- Jon Berti is hitting .278 with five doubles, two home runs and 11 walks.
Marlins pitching rankings
- The 9.3 strikeouts per nine innings put together by the Marlins pitching staff ranks sixth in the majors.
- Miami’s 4.42 team ERA ranks 21st across all MLB pitching staffs.
- The Marlins have the 18th-ranked WHIP in the majors (1.322).
- Miami’s pitching staff leads MLB with 12 total quality starts.
- The Marlins give up the 16th-fewest home runs in baseball (59 total, 1.2 per game).
- In its 10-2 win last time out, Miami struck out eight Rockies batters while allowing four hits.
Rockies betting info, hitting leaders, & pitching
Rockies betting info
- The Rockies have entered the game as underdogs 41 times this season and won 18, or 43.9%, of those games.
- Colorado has a record of 16-23, a 41% win rate, when it’s set as an underdog of +105 or more by sportsbooks this season.
- The Rockies have a 48.8% chance to win this game based on the implied probability of the moneyline.
- Colorado’s games have gone over the total in 21 of its 50 chances.
- In 50 games with a spread this season, the Rockies are 23-27-0 ATS.
Rockies hitting info
- Diaz leads Colorado in runs batted in with 25 while batting .343, which is also best on the team.
- Among all hitters in the big leagues, Diaz’s home run total is 116th, and his RBI total is 60th.
- Diaz brings a three-game hitting streak into this game. In his last five games he is hitting .421 with three doubles, two home runs, two walks and four RBI.
- Charlie Blackmon is batting .276 with an OBP of .366 and a slugging percentage of .429 this season.
- Blackmon is 195th in homers and 142nd in RBI among all major league hitters this year.
- Blackmon has hit safely in five straight games. During his last five outings he is hitting .300 with three doubles, a triple, a walk and an RBI.
- Jurickson Profar has 42 hits this season and a slash line of .250/.330/.411.
- Kris Bryant has collected 48 hits this season and has an OBP of .356. He’s slugging .404 on the year.
Rockies pitching rankings
- The Rockies have a 7.8 K/9 this season as a pitching staff, which ranks 27th in baseball.
- Colorado has pitched to a 5.02 ERA this season, which ranks 27th in baseball.
- The Rockies have a combined 1.482 WHIP as a pitching staff, third-highest in MLB.
- Colorado ranks 23rd in quality starts this season with 12.
- With 62 homers allowed, the Rockies rank 21st in the league at preventing long balls.
- Last time out, Colorado fell to the Marlins 10-2. Its pitchers compiled six strikeouts and 14 hits allowed.
The BetDecider team brings you the most current sports betting content, with expert insights and tips. Our aim is that you can make an informed betting decision, including best odds and exclusive sportsbook offers, to maximize your betting experience.