The Toronto Blue Jays (26-25) and the Minnesota Twins (26-24) meet on Friday at 8:10 PM ET. The Blue Jays are moneyline favorites (-144) against the underdog Twins (+124). Kevin Gausman gets the starting nod for Toronto, and Louie Varland is Minnesota’s choice to start.
Check out all the Latest Baseball Betting Previews!
Blue Jays to win vs Twins -144
$1,000 No Sweat First Bet
Blue Jays vs. Twins betting lines
- Favorite: Blue Jays (-144)
- Underdog: Twins (+124)
- Over/under: 8
Blue Jays betting info, hitting leaders, & pitching
Blue Jays betting info
- The Blue Jays have been favored on the moneyline 35 total times this season. They’ve gone 18-17 in those games.
- Toronto has a 10-9 record (winning 52.6% of its games) when it has played as moneyline favorites of -144 or shorter.
- The Blue Jays have a 59% chance to win this contest based on the moneyline’s implied probability.
- Toronto has played in 51 games with a set over/under, and have combined with its opponents to go over the total 26 times (26-23-2).
- The Blue Jays have a 24-27-0 record against the spread this season (covering 47.1% of the time).
Blue Jays hitting info
- Bo Bichette has accumulated a team-best batting average of .326, and leads the Blue Jays in home runs (nine).
- Among hitters in MLB action, Bichette ranks 36th in home runs and 30th in RBI.
- Bichette enters this game on a five-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is batting .435 with a double, a walk and an RBI.
- Vladimir Guerrero Jr. has totaled 34 runs batted in to pace his team.
- Guerrero ranks 49th in home runs and 15th in RBI among hitters in baseball.
- Guerrero enters this game on a four-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is batting .261 with a double, a home run, a walk and seven RBI.
- Matt Chapman has 19 doubles, seven home runs and 22 walks while hitting .295.
- George Springer is batting .245 with two doubles, a triple, seven home runs and 19 walks.
Blue Jays pitching rankings
- The pitching staff for the Blue Jays has a collective 9.3 K/9, the sixth-best in MLB.
- Toronto’s 4.02 team ERA ranks 13th among all MLB pitching staffs.
- Pitchers for the Blue Jays combine for the 13th-ranked WHIP in baseball (1.278).
- Toronto’s pitching staff ranks second in MLB with 26 total quality starts.
- Blue Jays pitchers combine to allow 68 total home runs at a clip of 1.3 per game (fifth-most in MLB).
- Toronto struck out 11 Rays batters while giving up five hits in a 6-3 loss in its last game.
Twins betting info, hitting leaders, & pitching
Twins betting info
- This season, the Twins have been the underdog 17 times and won five, or 29.4%, of those games.
- Minnesota has entered five games this season as the underdog by +124 or more and is 2-3 in those contests.
- Bookmakers have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Twins have a 44.6% chance to win.
- Games involving Minnesota have gone over the total set by bookmakers in 21 of 50 chances this season.
- In 50 games with a spread this season, the Twins are 25-25-0 ATS.
Twins hitting info
- Byron Buxton leads Minnesota with a batting average of .238. He’s also hit 10 home runs with 23 RBI.
- Among all hitters in the majors, Buxton ranks 28th in home runs and 80th in RBI.
- Carlos Correa has collected 36 hits this season and has an OBP of .302. He’s slugging .396 on the year.
- Correa currently ranks 91st in homers and 71st in RBI in the big leagues.
- Correa heads into this game on a three-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is hitting .333 with two doubles, six walks and an RBI.
- Joey Gallo’s 11 home runs lead all Minnesota hitters, and he’s slugging .553.
- Kyle Farmer has 23 hits and an OBP of .326 to go with a slugging percentage of .405 this season.
Twins pitching rankings
- The Twins have a 10 K/9 this season as a pitching staff, first-best in baseball.
- Minnesota has the second-best ERA (3.39) in the majors this season.
- The Twins have a combined WHIP of just 1.186 as a pitching staff, which is the second-best in baseball this season.
- Minnesota ranks fifth in quality starts this season with 24.
- The Twins have allowed the second-fewest home runs this season at just 45, or 0.9 per game.
- Minnesota earned a 7-1 win in its most recent game, striking out 14 Giants batters while allowing 10 hits.
The BetDecider team brings you the most current sports betting content, with expert insights and tips. Our aim is that you can make an informed betting decision, including best odds and exclusive sportsbook offers, to maximize your betting experience.