The Washington Nationals (37-76) are looking for another big outing from a batter when they square off against the San Diego Padres (63-51) on Friday at 7:05 PM ET at Nationals Park. Joey Meneses is riding a three-game home run streak for the underdog Nationals (+205) going into this contest against the favored Padres (-245). San Diego’s Mike Clevinger and Washington’s Cory Abbott will start this matchup.
Here is everything you need to know to place your MLB bets on this matchup.
Padres to win vs Nationals -245
Risk Free Bet Up To $1,000
Padres vs. Nationals betting lines
- Favorite: Padres (-245)
- Underdog: Nationals (+205)
- Over/under: 8.5
Padres betting info, hitting leaders, & pitching
Padres betting info
- The Padres have won 46 of the 81 games they were the moneyline favorite this season (56.8%).
- San Diego has a 2-1 record (winning 66.7% of its games) when it has played as a moneyline favorite of -245 or shorter.
- Based on this game’s moneyline, the Padres’ implied win probability is 71%.
- San Diego has played in 115 games with an over/under set, and has combined with their opponents to go over the total 55 times (55-57-3).
- The Padres have a 52-63-0 record against the spread this season (covering 45.2% of the time).
Padres hitting info
- Juan Soto has collected a team-high 22 home runs.
- Soto’s home runs rank 21st in MLB and he ranks 78th in RBI in MLB.
- Soto has safely hit in three straight games. In his last five games he is batting .353 with a double, a home run, four walks and an RBI.
- Manny Machado has 25 doubles, a triple, 20 home runs and 44 walks while hitting .294.
- Machado ranks 27th in home runs among batters in MLB action and 21st in RBI.
- Machado takes a three-game hitting streak into this matchup. In his last five games he is hitting .318 with two doubles, a home run and five RBI.
- Josh Bell has accumulated a team-high batting average of .297.
- Bell takes a two-game hitting streak into this matchup. In his last five games he is batting .167 with a double, two walks and an RBI.
- Brandon Drury’s 22 home runs and 69 runs batted in both pace his team.
Padres pitching rankings
- The nine strikeouts per nine innings compiled by the Padres pitching staff ranks sixth in the majors.
- The Padres have a 3.80 team ERA that ranks ninth among all MLB pitching staffs.
- The Padres have the seventh-lowest WHIP in baseball (1.212).
- Padres pitchers combine to give up 112 home runs (one per game), the ninth-fewest in the league.
- In their 13-7 win last time out they struck out four Giants batters while allowing 11 hits.
Nationals betting info, hitting leaders, & pitching
Nationals betting info
- The Nationals have been underdogs in 97 games this season and won 30 (30.9%) of those contests.
- Washington is 5-8 this season when entering a game as the underdog by +205 or more on the moneyline.
- The oddsmakers’ moneyline implies a 32.8% chance of a victory for the Nationals.
- So far this season, Washington and its opponents have hit the over in 56 of their 113 games with a total.
- In 113 games with a spread this season, the Nationals are 47-66-0 ATS.
Nationals hitting info
- Nelson Cruz is batting .235 for Washington with a team-high 52 RBI.
- Among all hitters in the majors, Cruz’s home run total is 159th, and his RBI total is 56th.
- Cesar Hernandez has 105 hits and an OBP of .304 to go with a slugging percentage of .307 this season.
- Hernandez is 400th in homers and 238th in RBI among all major league batters this year.
- Keibert Ruiz’s batting average of .246 leads all Washington hitters this season.
- Luke Voit’s 15 home runs are most among Washington batters. He’s driven in 51 runs this season while slugging .425.
Nationals pitching rankings
- The Nationals have a 7.9 K/9 this season as a pitching staff, which ranks 22nd in the majors.
- The Nationals have the 30th-ranked ERA (5.31) in the majors this season.
- Nationals pitchers have a 1.475 WHIP this season, worst in the majors.
- With 173 homers allowed, the Nationals rank last in the league at preventing long balls.
- They struck out five Cubs hitters while allowing nine base hits in a 4-2 loss last time out.
The BetDecider team brings you the most current sports betting content, with expert insights and tips. Our aim is that you can make an informed betting decision, including best odds and exclusive sportsbook offers, to maximize your betting experience.