Carlos Rodon looks for his 10th victory of the season when the San Francisco Giants (51-55) visit the Oakland Athletics (41-66). The Giants are favored in the matchup (-225) against the Athletics (+190), and the game starts at 7:07 PM ET on Saturday. Rodon gets the starting nod for San Francisco, and Adam Oller is Oakland’s choice to start.
Here’s the information you need to place your MLB bets on this contest.
Giants to win vs Athletics -225
Risk Free Bet Up To $1,000
Giants vs. Athletics betting lines
- Favorite: Giants (-225)
- Underdog: Athletics (+190)
- Over/under: 7.5
Giants betting info, hitting leaders, & pitching
Giants betting info
- The Giants are 42-32 in games they were listed as the moneyline favorite (winning 56.8% of those games).
- When playing as a moneyline favorite with odds of -225 or shorter, San Francisco has gone 7-3 (70%).
- Based on this contest’s moneyline, the Giants have an implied win probability of 69.2%.
- In the 107 games bookmakers have set an over/under for San Francisco, it has combined with opponents to go over the total 51 times (51-50-6).
- The Giants have a 47-59-0 record ATS this season (covering 44.3% of the time).
Giants hitting info
- Wilmer Flores has put up a team-high 56 runs batted in.
- Among hitters in MLB, Flores ranks 41st in home runs and 34th in RBI.
- Mike Yastrzemski is hitting .221 with 20 doubles, a triple, nine home runs and 40 walks.
- Yastrzemski currently ranks 136th in homers and 122nd in RBI in the majors.
- Luis Gonzalez has 15 doubles, a triple, four home runs and 23 walks while batting .283.
- Austin Slater is batting .269 with nine doubles, two triples, five home runs and 28 walks.
Giants pitching rankings
- The 8.5 strikeouts per nine innings put together by the Giants pitching staff ranks 16th in the majors.
- The Giants have a 3.94 team ERA that ranks 17th across all league pitching staffs.
- The Giants average baseball’s 17th-ranked WHIP (1.274).
- Giants pitchers combine to allow the first-fewest home runs in baseball (87 total, 0.8 per game).
- They fell to the Dodgers 5-3 in their last game with 14 strikeouts while allowing eight hits.
Athletics betting info, hitting leaders, & pitching
Athletics betting info
- This season, the Athletics have been the underdog 92 times and won 35, or 38%, of those games.
- Oakland is 4-10 this season when entering a game as the underdog by +190 or more on the moneyline.
- The bookmakers’ moneyline implies a 34.5% chance of a victory for the Athletics.
- So far this season, Oakland and its opponents have hit the over in 44 of their 107 games with a total.
- In 107 games with a spread this season, the Athletics are 54-53-0 ATS.
Athletics hitting info
- Sean Murphy leads Oakland in batting average (.244) and runs batted in (47) this season while also slugging 13 homers.
- Among all hitters in the big leagues, Murphy’s home run total is 72nd, and his RBI total is 69th.
- Murphy heads into this game on a three-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is batting .300 with two doubles, two home runs, a walk and seven RBI.
- Seth Brown’s 16 home runs are most among Oakland batters. He’s driven in 46 runs this season while slugging .459.
- Brown currently is 41st in homers and 74th in RBI in the major leagues.
- Brown takes a two-game hitting streak into this matchup. In his last five games he is hitting .357 with a double, two home runs, five walks and three RBI.
- Elvis Andrus has 79 hits this season and a slash line of .240/.304/.374.
- Ramon Laureano has collected 63 hits this season and has an OBP of .310. He’s slugging .415 on the year.
- Laureano has hit safely in two games in a row. During his last five outings he is hitting .333 with two doubles, two home runs, two walks and five RBI.
Athletics pitching rankings
- The Athletics strike out 7.7 batters per nine innings as a pitching staff, 25th in MLB.
- The Athletics have the 23rd-ranked ERA (4.24) in the majors this season.
- The Athletics rank 21st in MLB with a combined 1.293 WHIP this season.
- With 123 homers allowed, the Athletics rank 24th in the league at preventing long balls.
- Last time out, they defeated the Angels, 8-7, with nine strikeouts and nine hits allowed.