The Texas State Bobcats (1-2) play an FCS opponent, the Houston Baptist Huskies (1-1).
The Bobcats are very heavy favorites (currently -26.5) in their game versus the Huskies, with the over/under being 65 points. (On the moneyline, the Bobcats are -5707 and the Huskies are +1540.)
Texas State -26.5 vs. Houston Baptist
Risk Free Bet Up To $1,000
Texas State vs. Houston Baptist betting lines
- Spread Favorite: Bobcats (-26.5)
- Moneyline: Bobcats (-5707), Huskies (+1540)
- Total: 65 Points
Texas State vs. Houston Baptist betting info and stats
- Texas State had seven wins in 12 games against the spread last season.
- In 12 Texas State games last season, five hit the over.
- Houston Baptist won just twice against the spread last year.
Texas State vs. Houston Baptist Key Players
Texas State Bobcats
- Last year Brady McBride had 1,508 passing yards (125.7 per game), a 59.6% completion percentage, 12 touchdowns, and 10 interceptions. He also added 143 rushing yards on 77 carries with one rushing TD (averaging 11.9 rushing yards per game).
- Last season Calvin Hill took 128 carries for 708 yards (59 per game) and scored three touchdowns.
- Jahmyl Jeter ran for 383 yards on 90 carries (31.9 yards per game), with eight rushing touchdowns last year.
- Javen Banks reeled in 36 catches for 545 yards (45.4 per game) while being targeted 63 times. He also scored five touchdowns.
- Marcell Barbee also impressed receiving last season. He bagged 40 receptions for 524 yards and five touchdowns. He was targeted 72 times.
- Trevis Graham Jr. hauled in 20 passes on 30 targets for 290 yards and three touchdowns, averaging 24.2 receiving yards per game.
- Issiah Nixon’s hard work last season put up a stat line of four sacks, two TFL and 31 tackles.
- Markeveon Coleman was a wrecking ball on the field, collecting 52 tackles last year.
- Last season DeJordan Mask had a huge stat line of one interception, 29 tackles and one pass defended.
Houston Baptist Huskies
- Orion Olivas threw for an average of 125.7 yards passing per outing and threw for six touchdowns last season.
- Xzavier Ford racked up three rushing touchdowns on 18.1 yards per game last season.
- Ean Beek ran for one touchdown on 162 yards a year ago.
- Tyson Thompson was targeted 5.4 times per game and piled up 523 receiving yards and two touchdowns over the course of 2021.
- Ismael Fuller averaged 26.6 receiving yards on 2.6 targets per game in 2021, scoring one touchdown.
- Branden Walker averaged 24.7 receiving yards per game on 3.3 targets per game a season ago.
- Segun Ijiyera proved to be a relentless defender last year, recording 2.5 sacks, 29 tackles and one pass defended.
- Brennan Young had an impactful defensive performance last season with 10 tackles, two TFL, two sacks, and one interception.
- A year ago Travis Greenawalt tallied 10 tackles, two TFL, two sacks, and one interception as well as one interception.
The BetDecider team brings you the most current sports betting content, with expert insights and tips. Our aim is that you can make an informed betting decision, including best odds and exclusive sportsbook offers, to maximize your betting experience.